Rate Your Story Power
Tangible story power is created when those who are important to you—your people, your partners, your customers and prospects, your members and donors—can see and appreciate the meaningful role that you play in their lives. Story power is also about being real, telling the truth about who you are, and living out your promise in words and in deeds.
If you can answer yes to most of the questions below, you’ve got story power. If not—or if you’re not sure—think about getting in touch with us for an audit and story-based communications recommendation.
- Do you have a clear, compelling identity that conveys who you are, what you stand for and the value proposition you offer?
- Does the way you tell your story take on a human dimension–could you be described as a person with a recognizable personality, value set and strengths?
- Is there a “happy ending” conveyed through your communications—can others easily find the outcome they can expect from associating with you and the promise they can count on you to keep?
- Can you talk passionately about what your work means and why it matters?
- Have you developed messages that are specifically designed to connect with, inspire and/or motivate others? (Note: See our message model for more on this.)
- Are your people trained to talk about you in an understandable and engaging way?
- Does what you say about your organization align with how others experience you?
- Do you and your people know what do when it comes to living your brand and delivering on your “happy ending”?